An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a procedure that beautifies the arm by reducing excess sagging skin, tightens and smoothes the connective tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm, and reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm with liposuction. Changes in body weight, aging, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a droopy and sagging appearance. This is a malady that cannot be changed for the better through exercise.
During your arm lift consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your aesthetic goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous treatments
Your surgeon will also evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors:,
- Discuss your options
- Examine your arms, elbows, and forearms
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of an arm lift treatment, and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the type of anesthesia, if any, that will be used.