This procedure is a set of surgical procedures used to restore the shape and appearance of a woman's body after childbearing. Many women notice changes in their bodies post-pregnancy. There are many areas of the body that can be addressed, most commonly the breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia and buttocks. A mommy makeover is typically performed as a single stage procedure. There are many techniques used to perform a mommy makeover, and many factors should be taken into consideration when choosing which techniques are best, such as the desired amount of restoration, placement of the incisions, type of implant used. The type of procedures used in a mommy makeover include: breast augmentation, breast lift, buttock augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck, and vaginal rejuvenation.
During your mommy makeover consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your aesthetic goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous treatments
Your surgeon will also evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors:,
- Discuss your options
- Examine your body
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a mommy makeover treatment, and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the type of anesthesia, if any, that will be used.