Thigh lift surgery gives the thighs an athletic looking contour by reducing excess skin and fat. BodyTite is used to slim the silhouette of the thighs by tightening the bands that attach the skin of the thigh to the muscle fascia below, then liposuction is used to rid the area of excess fat. The thighs therefore become smoother, tighter, and taper the lower body. If nutrition, fitness, and weight control have not achieved your goals for thighs that are firmer, more youthful-looking, and more proportionate to your overall body image, a thigh lift may be right for you. Thigh lifts are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat. Liposuction alone can remove excess fat deposits where skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours.
During your thigh lift consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your aesthetic goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous treatments
Your surgeon will also evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors:
- Discuss your options
- Examine your back, buttocks, pelvis, and thighs
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a thigh lift treatment, and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the type of anesthesia, if any, that will be used.